Sunday, March 8, 2015

FINAL DESERT TRIP

 
The finale of my desert trip was quite eventful. Last night, I joined the gathering for a group of very friendly Malaysian expats working in Saudi. Thank you so much Pak Pin (Ariffin Mamat) for the invite.

lompatan trademark

Sebab tiada alternatif hiburan yang banyak di tanah Anbia ini; piknik di kawasan terbuka adalah satu aktiviti yang sungguh hip dan pop. Setiap hujung minggu, ratusan famili bersantai di sepanjang tebing Laut Merah – satu pemandangan dan pengalaman yang amat mengujakan. Bebudak main layang-layang, orang tua bershisha-shisha.


Just finished my last task, research meeting with the team at the Intercontinental Hotel. Just few hours before my flight home. Gigih sangat bertugas, kan. Now on the way to the airport. Thanks everyone for keeping me in your thoughts


The chosen venue was quite strategic. Next to the iconic floating mosque of Jeddah, Masjid Ar-Rahmah. Unfortunately, the taxi dropped me at the wrong point, and I had to walk more than 5 kms to get there.

Having late lunch inside the Jeddah airport terminal. Waiting for my flight to Doha.

But it was a long pleasant walk. Terutama pada malam winter yang kering dan dingin begini. Puisi paling romantik pun tidak boleh ungkapkan rasa sentimental yang beralun-alun di dada. Ketika menapak perlahan-lahan di sepanjang promenade Laut Merah, sambil dipuput angin gurun Arabia. Fuh!

Transit at Doha ~ feeling lost, but thanks for the doa everyone.
feeling apakah ini??
The closest thing to crazy? ~ feeling bosan-tahap-menunggu-kutu-beranak-kembar 

Later today, I will have a breakfast meeting with my boss and our research collaborator from the UK, Prof. Jones. Then off directly to Jeddah international airport to catch my flight home in the afternoon.

If everything goes well (and I hope it does); expected to reach KK just before maghrib on Sunday (8 March 2015). The route will be Jeddah-Doha-KL-KK. Doakan semoga perjalanan pulang saya selamat dan dipermudahkan.

Nota: Aksi tak-boleh-blah menunggang superbike David Harley itu cuma lakonan semata-mata. Tak perlu ada yang cemburu separuh nyawa hingga sesak-sesak nafas, ya.

at Jeddah Corniche Beach

Baru mendarat di KLIA, sedang makan soto
Home-grown and home-cooked food is the best. 
At 
Rumah Pangi...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...